Problem Finding Service (HAR-NYP?)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jen

Im trying to find trains from Harrisburg, PA (or Middletown or Elizabethtown) to New York City on September 8 and I keep getting this message.

Problem Finding Service: The service you requested is not available because there is no same day train connection. Please try a different route or different dates.

[Error ID: 205A]

Its typically a train route that is done multiple times a day.

I just got this same error by entering "NYG" (Grand Central Terminal) as a destination instead of "NYP" (New York Penn Station). Try resetting your destination.

I find fourteen different results for September 8 from Harrisburg to NYP.

The Keystones are running to NYP. It's the trains that go north that are running out of NYG.

I'm guessing you accidentally selected NYG since it's not normally an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear, the Ethan Allen Express, Adirondack, Empire Service, and Maple Leaf are operating to NYG (Grand Central). All trains operating south of NYC go through NYP (New York Penn).

And also north/east to Boston and Springfield. Only trains going thru New York State are using Grand Central Terminal.
Right - I was just explaining that all trains running south of NYC use Penn Station. Most trains going north also use NYP. The exception is the Empire Corridor trains, which are all either rerouted or in one particular case, terminating at Albany.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back