Karl1459

CZ passenger injured near Truckee CA, unknown circumstances

An additional update from the families GoFund me.. Aaron is now talking and recognizes family members. He doesn't remember anything about the train, which doctors say is normal in this type of traumatic situation.

This guy surviving is a miracle as far as I'm concerned. His family sounds amazing and supportive.

An additional update from the families GoFund me.. Aaron is now talking and recognizes family members. He doesn't remember anything about the train, which doctors say is normal in this type of traumatic situation.

This guy surviving is a miracle as far as I'm concerned. His family sounds amazing and supportive.

Thanks for the update.

I sure hope his memory will eventually come back!!!

I think there is a good possibility the memory will never come back. My wife experienced a shoulder seperation and a concussion in a skiing collision more than 25 years ago and still has no recollection of how it happened.

I sure hope his memory will eventually come back!!!

I think there is a good possibility the memory will never come back. My wife experienced a shoulder seperation and a concussion in a skiing collision more than 25 years ago and still has no recollection of how it happened.

I once had an accident resulting in unconsciousness followed by amnesia. At first I couldn't remember anything from the prior month. Over time I began to recover more and more memories but it took a few months before I could remember the accident itself. I'm not sure how memories work at the physical level, and I'd imagine the prognosis varies greatly depending on severity, but I guess in some cases the brain can find new paths to older storage.

Those scenarios (anecdotally) illustrate the difficulty with these types of cases. No 2 are alike, and it is extremely difficult to predict long term outcomes.

Update from a Sacramento TV station... The person (victim) is awake and able to communicate, claims he would never have jumped though has little memory of the incident.

Amazing recovery so far from the injuries, I hope he continues to improve.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/12/07/23-year-old-hurt-amtrak-speaks/