Less than a week till we leave

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We leave from Longview, TX on our first Amtrak vacation in a few days and to say we are excited is an understatement. We get off to visit several cities starting with Chicago, spend a week in Montana and also see Yellowstone. We will be gone a month, cover 15 states by train and a cruise to Alaska from Seattle before heading to Los Angeles working our way back to Longview. Haven't been this excited since I bought the truck of my dreams 16 years ago.. and it's still my daily driver 468,000+ miles later.

Sounds like a dream vacation...please give us a travelogue report, if you find the time!

Which ship are you sailing on?
default_smile.png

That's one of those once in a lifetime trips! Have fun!
This is something we have planned to do for quite a while in the 5th wheel but changed to the train at the first of the year because I decided not to do that much driving.
That was a good change to your plan.

You've planned a wonderful trip and I hope you have a great time.

Any snags you encounter along the way will add some spice to your trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a dream vacation...please give us a travelogue report, if you find the time!

default_smile.png
Sailing on the Ruby Princes
Sounds great...if you have not already done so, since you like trains, I would highly recommend the White Pass & Yukon train ride shore excursion while you are in Skagway!
default_cool.png

default_smile.png
Sailing on the Ruby Princes
Sounds great...if you have not already done so, since you like trains, I would highly recommend the White Pass & Yukon train ride shore excursion while you are in Skagway!
default_cool.png
In Skagway we do the White Pass train & Klondike Hwy, Liarsville Trail Camp Salmon bake & show, gold panning, then the Red Onion Saloon and Brothel. They assured me this was a non-working brothel.. But I decided to go to it anyway.[emoji1]

Back