scrollmaster

Less than a week till we leave

We leave from Longview, TX on our first Amtrak vacation in a few days and to say we are excited is an understatement. We get off to visit several cities starting with Chicago, spend a week in Montana and also see Yellowstone. We will be gone a month, cover 15 states by train and a cruise to Alaska from Seattle before heading to Los Angeles working our way back to Longview. Haven't been this excited since I bought the truck of my dreams 16 years ago.. and it's still my daily driver 468,000+ miles later.

Outstanding trip!😎

We're envious!!!

Sounds like a dream vacation...please give us a travelogue report, if you find the time!

Which ship are you sailing on? :)

Sounds like a dream vacation...please give us a travelogue report, if you find the time!

Sailing on the Ruby Princes

That's one of those once in a lifetime trips! Have fun!

This is something we have planned to do for quite a while in the 5th wheel but changed to the train at the first of the year because I decided not to do that much driving.

This is something we have planned to do for quite a while in the 5th wheel but changed to the train at the first of the year because I decided not to do that much driving.

Good Decision!

That was a good change to your plan.

You've planned a wonderful trip and I hope you have a great time.

Any snags you encounter along the way will add some spice to your trip.

Edited by KmH

Sounds great...if you have not already done so, since you like trains, I would highly recommend the White Pass & Yukon train ride shore excursion while you are in Skagway! :cool:

Sounds great...if you have not already done so, since you like trains, I would highly recommend the White Pass & Yukon train ride shore excursion while you are in Skagway! :cool:
In Skagway we do the White Pass train & Klondike Hwy, Liarsville Trail Camp Salmon bake & show, gold panning, then the Red Onion Saloon and Brothel. They assured me this was a non-working brothel.. But I decided to go to it anyway.