nanavc

One week until EB trip (Lyft question)

Hi folks, in one week my family and I will be flying to into Midway to begin our adventure to Bellingham WA. on the EB. We will be taking Lyft from the airport to CUS (as per suggestion from a previous post) As we have never used this service before, how do we know which car will be ours? I looked on the Lyft site but couldn't find out that info. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

When you order your Lyft, it will tell you what kind of car and color of the car to look for along with the tags and who your driver is.

It tells you what kind of car it is, what color it is, what the driver's name is, and what the license plate is. It'll be pretty simple. :)

Some Lyft drivers will even have a light-up sign that will be in a certain "unique" color that the app tells you.

And at the airport there will usually be a designated area for ridesharing pickup. Just ask and you'll get pointed to the right place.

At Midway, the ride share pickup area is on the lower (arrivals) level at the north end - I believe it’s door 4.

The Lyft app will also show the driver where you are standing, based on the location of your phone.

As does Uber.

Uber and Lyft are pretty similar, however Lyft tends to be cheaper and pays the drivers better. So we prefer to use them. But if you have used Uber, it'll be pretty easy.

Also, Uber is something of a moral cesspool, if that sort of thing is important to you.

Also, Uber is something of a moral cesspool, if that sort of thing is important to you.

Yeah. We pretty much boycotted them after some of the stuff they were doing came out. That said, since Kalanick left apparently it's gotten a lot better, so we've started to use them again. Even so, we still primarily use Lyft.

Also Lyft is a sponsor of the Ski Train and in partnership overall with Amtrak.

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/646010/

But regardless, Lyft is definitely my preferred service as well. Somehow I, generally speaking, seem to have worse/ruder drivers on Uber.