One less train rider

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KmH

Engineer
Get on the train drunk in DC, get drunker, in a first class car have "hostile exchanges" with a woman passenger, get kicked off the train in NY, then call in a false bomb-on-the-train report so you can later get arrested and face the possibility of spending 5 years in prison.

A really smart guy.
default_mosking.gif

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/tj-miller-arrested-for-allegedly-calling-in-a-fake-bomb-threat/ar-AAvIBka?li=BBnb7Kz

And apparently he seriously abused his girlfriend in college. Miller is funny, but seriously man, get your act together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get on the train drunk in DC, get drunker, in a first class car have "hostile exchanges" with a woman passenger, get kicked off the train in NY, then call in a false bomb-on-the-train report so you can later get arrested and face the possibility of spending 5 years in prison.

A really smart guy.
default_mosking.gif

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/tj-miller-arrested-for-allegedly-calling-in-a-fake-bomb-threat/ar-AAvIBka?li=BBnb7Kz
You should have posted his name, otherwise how easy would it be for someone to post another thread about Mr. Miller.

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/10/t-j-miller-busted-for-drunk-bomb-threat-on-amtrak-train/

I remember the alerts on this. He actually delayed a few trains. I do wonder if this will be an issue:

he attendant on Miller's actual train stated that he "appeared intoxicated upon boarding in Washington, that he consumed multiple drinks on the train, and that he had been removed in New York owing to his intoxication. The attendant also advised that Miller had been involved in hostile exchanges with a woman who was sitting in a different row from him in the first class car," according to the release.
I can see a lawyer having a field day with this tidbit of information. I can picture them attempting to shift some of the blame on the attendant for serving a passenger who already appeared intoxicated.

For better or for worse, criminal law doesn't recognize comparative negligence. So, even if Miller was 'over-served,' it won't matter a whit to the sentencing judge. Nor should it. He's being charged with pretty serious criminal acts, and stands a significant chance of doing some time at public expense in this matter. (Been a long time since I tried a criminal case in federal court, but my recollection is that the sentences there are no joke compared to state courts.)

I remember the alerts on this. He actually delayed a few trains. I do wonder if this will be an issue:

he attendant on Miller's actual train stated that he "appeared intoxicated upon boarding in Washington, that he consumed multiple drinks on the train, and that he had been removed in New York owing to his intoxication. The attendant also advised that Miller had been involved in hostile exchanges with a woman who was sitting in a different row from him in the first class car," according to the release.
I can see a lawyer having a field day with this tidbit of information. I can picture them attempting to shift some of the blame on the attendant for serving a passenger who already appeared intoxicated.
I don't know if that will get any traction with a Federal Judge, but isn't it typical of transportation providers to serve 1st Class passengers drinks, even if they already appear intoxicated. How many incidents on airplanes have been fueled by passengers being served alcohol?? Too many to count.

I’ve personally witnessed a lounge car attendant on the CZ refuse to sell more beer to a passenger who appeared intoxicated. And this passenger attempt to get other passengers to purchase beer for said passenger to consume. Not successful in either case. And the conductor and a burly CA were called in to enforce the lounge attendant’s decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

It'll be complicated, to be sure. On the one hand, I don't think it will matter (much) to the judge, who may be inclined towards some example-making regardless of any mitigating circumstances. On the other hand, even though I don't think it will matter to the judge, it could still make for a headache for Amtrak (could they be fined or sued?) and force them to crack down a bit on serving visibly intoxicated pax.

Not too intoxicated to call in a bomb threat apparently. We'll see if that defense works.

Next time fly United!

Never heard of him before. Seriously, I haven't.
default_tongue.png
Same here. I stopped watching television about 15 years ago.
I don't remember when I quit watching TV, I couldn't even keep up with it all when I did watch it. A lot of people think it's weird I don't but I don't get where they find the time for it.
I don't even have a TV--nothing worth watching, except for baseball, and that's better on the radio. (Of course, when I travel, the first thing I do is turn on the hotel TV and see what's on, but it's more of a treat that way instead of seeing it every day.)

T.J. Miller is obviously a very disturbed individual but a member of the "privileged class". I believe that he court will most likely send him to rehab and he will avoid jail time. I agree with the above poster; very little on TV worth watching. Its all very negative, excepting some sports games

For better or for worse, criminal law doesn't recognize comparative negligence. So, even if Miller was 'over-served,' it won't matter a whit to the sentencing judge. Nor should it. He's being charged with pretty serious criminal acts, and stands a significant chance of doing some time at public expense in this matter. (Been a long time since I tried a criminal case in federal court, but my recollection is that the sentences there are no joke compared to state courts.)
Since this guy apparently has some money, perhaps Amtrak should sue the passenger in civil court for the cost of diverting a train to search for bombs. Blaming the cafe car attendant would be a pretty poor defense in civil court as well, in my opinion.

Never heard of him before. Seriously, I haven't.
default_tongue.png
Same here. I stopped watching television about 15 years ago.
I don't remember when I quit watching TV, I couldn't even keep up with it all when I did watch it. A lot of people think it's weird I don't but I don't get where they find the time for it.
The last time I remember being invested in TV shows as a major part of my life and my time was when The Wild Wild West was on the air in 1965. Here's a link to what was on TV at night then... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1965%E2%80%9366_United_States_network_television_schedule

And the following season: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966%E2%80%9367_United_States_network_television_schedule

If you watch MeTV, you can still watch Wild, Wild West!

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Miller's problem appears to be same ol. Too much alcohol and a feeling of entitlement.

Talking about TV programming, anyone remember waiting for the Indian in the test pattern to make a move.

I would guess only us old folks remember test patterns.

How did people ever survive with just 3 black & white channels that were only available from 7 am to midnight.
Shortwave radios and Ham radios were more popular back then.

Back