LaQuinta Inns 1000 points per stay until 6/30/18?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LaQuinta Inns is currently running a promotion for 1000 Amtrak points on room reservations booked until June 30, 2018. The deal is that you must present your LaQuinta Inn membership card (easy to join) and AGR card on check in, then ask that the points be credited to your Amtrak account. We tried this last year without success, probably because the front desk clerk neglected to type the info into the computer.

Has anyone had luck getting AGR points with LaQuinta?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar experience last year. Points went to LaQuinta rather than AGR (as requested). I am going to NOLA in June. Will pay non-LaQuinta hotel with Amtrak MasterCard to ensure points (est. 500 pts.).

Sent from my SM-T350 using Amtrak Forum mobile app

I tried the La Quibta/AGR offer twice and was stiffed both times.

When I inquired I was told that this only applied to Company owned units,not to franchised operations. YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very strange if not unethical. Here are the terms. Its says nothing about company owned locations

Offer valid for qualifying stays at any La Quinta Inns & SuitesTM locations in the U.S. or Canada defined as follows; (i) check-in between March 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018 (ii) pay a room rate that is eligible to earn points per stay in the La Quinta Returns program, which are most rates available to the general public, including Best Available Rate, AAA, and AARP; (iii) at time of check-in, state that you want to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points in lieu of La Quinta Returns Points and provide both your La Quinta Returns and Amtrak Guest Rewards member numbers. Guests must be a member in both La Quinta ReturnsTM and the Amtrak Guest Rewards program to earn points per stay. A stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same hotel, even if intermittent check-in/check-out events occur. This offer is available for one room only, and cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or promotions and is non-transferable. Please allow 6 – 8 weeks after check-out for your points to post to your Amtrak Guest Rewards account. All La Quinta Returns program terms and conditions apply; for details, please visit LQ.com/Returns. All Amtrak Guest Rewards terms and conditions apply.

Back