Amtrak Rail Travel Privilege Card (Amtrak employee)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Lee

I just received my Rail Travel Privilege Card and cannot find the place where I can see what my benefits are. I've tried the website in the text on the accompanying letter and it gets me nowhere. Please tell me how to access benefit info.

I just received my Rail Travel Privilege Card and cannot find the place where I can see what my benefits are. I've tried the website in the text on the accompanying letter and it gets me nowhere. Please tell me how to access benefit info.
You realize, of course, this site has no relationship to Amtrak. Why not call Amtrak?

"Amtrak Unlimited is a free, unofficial Web resource for Amtrak® train and service information."

If you're wondering what your Rail Travel Benefits are.. Simple.. Red, White, and Blue Policy applies. In corridor service you can "Flashpass" meaning show your RTPC. But since I'll assume you're an employee, all you need is your ID.

To ride Business Class on a Regional Train, or Business Class or First Class on Acela, you'll need to call the 1-800 number to get your index number. They'll ask for your pass number which is your SAP number.

I'm surprised you weren't explained all that when you received it....
default_unsure.png

You receive it in your welcome packet.
Wow, I never was given an Amtrak Rail Travel Privilege Card ("membership has its privileges" ?). Come to think of it, I don't think I ever got a Welcome Packet when I boarded? Does everyone get a Welcome Packet? Only first class or sleeper class? Only on certain trains/routes ?

Wow, I never was given an Amtrak Rail Travel Privilege Card ("membership has its privileges" ?). Come to think of it, I don't think I ever got a Welcome Packet when I boarded? Does everyone get a Welcome Packet? Only first class or sleeper class? Only on certain trains/routes ?
I'm pretty sure they're talking about an employees benefit.

Exactly....the modern day equivalent of an old annual pass ...

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

My employee sap is *******. I am having trouble booking a ticket for my son and I.

Last edited:
My employee sap is *******. I am having trouble booking a ticket for my son and I.
Please note that this is not the official Amtrak website, it is a resource for Amtrak travel. As an employee, you should contract Amtrak directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back