Scheduled Arrival of #1 into New Orleans?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParanoidAndroid

OBS Chief
The westbound Sunset Limited (#1) originates in New Orleans at 9:00am.

However, for as back as I can see, for train #1 operations, on asm.transitdocs.com, it shows an arrival of #1 into New Orleans at 6:25am. Anyone know what's happening?

This is the most recent one.

https://asm.transitdocs.com/train/2018/3/10/1

Unrelatedly, #1 left SAS an hour early at 1:45am to compensate for DST, in a different way than the other trains.

Prior to Hurricane Katrina, 1 originated in ORL. It hasn't run east of NOL since. However, the train is not canceled. The service is merely "suspended until further notice." As such, you are seeing the scheduled arrival time from ORL, which wasn't removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prior to Hurricane Katrina, 1 originated in ORL. It hasn't run east of NOL since. However, the train is not canceled. The service is merely "suspended until further notice." As such, you are seeing the scheduled arrival time from ORL, which wasn't removed.
Ah, thanks. I knew about the Sunset Limited east of NOL... but I never expected it to still 'show up' on the schedule! The political hurdles that exist to get this service back (in any form) is frustrating.

The LA (west) bound #1 arrives on schedule at Union Station at the crack of dawn, usually even earlier. The east bound #2 is nearly always at least 2 hours late at night into New Orleans. Too bad it can't be the other way around. Go figure.

Back