Where are the PPCS?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtabern

Conductor
I was down at the Amtrak Chicago yard yesterday and didn't see the four Parlour Cars. But I also don't recall anyone posting they went on 50 or 850 to Beech Grove either. Anyone have insight?

Thanks for the info! Did anyone get any photos of them on #50 or #850? I am surprised with all of the photos people got of them on #4... Haven't seen any on the Hoosier.

Two of PPCs went to the Grove on 2/21 and the other two went on 2/28....and there they sit. Maybe Seaboard will buy one.
Definitely not. Even though I might buy parts off of them because the resell market is great on parts. My main reason I won't buy any is because they have second floor passages. And I do not want to engineer that down to single floor on both end. Or run with transition cars. I'll pass.

But if I would do it I would look at Columbia Valley as the car I would want.

Thanks for the info! Did anyone get any photos of them on #50 or #850? I am surprised with all of the photos people got of them on #4... Haven't seen any on the Hoosier.

Holy crap! Those were the two I went in (well I went in one, and got close ups of the other)! I arrived at Chicago Yard about an hour after they arrived, and I guess they left a few hours after that. So that means I just happened to be passing through during the roughly four hours they were in Chicago (they arrived around 1:00 PM).

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of PPCs went to the Grove on 2/21 and the other two went on 2/28....and there they sit. Maybe Seaboard will buy one.
Definitely not. Even though I might buy parts off of them because the resell market is great on parts. My main reason I won't buy any is because they have second floor passages. And I do not want to engineer that down to single floor on both end. Or run with transition cars. I'll pass.

But if I would do it I would look at Columbia Valley as the car I would want.
Please don't buy parts off them! You'd be dismantling cars that many of us are obsessed with and love!

But some parts keep other cars running. So it's all relative. So far I have an offer in for a few small things. Mostly aesthetic. Namely the map of Oregon and Washington from the bottom floor.

Back