Today is the day! (KIS - PHL on Silver Meteor)/Thanks

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m currently riding on Lyft to the Kissimmee station. The big day is finally here!

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
Remember to just drop your stuff off in your room and head straight to the dining car. 98 is currently running on time, but you don't want to miss out on lunch!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m currently riding on Lyft to the Kissimmee station. The big day is finally here!

Remember to just drop your stuff off in your room and head straight to the dining car. 98 is currently running on time, but you don't want to miss out on lunch!
Before heading straight to the dining car, check with your attendant. Sometimes they make reservations for you if the train is crowded (which is often the case when I board in Orlando)

Have you had lunch yet? Who is your SCA? How do you like the roomette? (Those of us missing the Meteor right now would love to know--hope you are having a great trip!
default_smile.png
)

So far I've been in Hartford and Atlanta. I think I would have been in Harrisburg list month if I traveled one day earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
The diner was great. I had the Angus Cheeseburger. The roomette is very comfortable and cozy. I don’t remember who my SCA is , but she is very nice and helpful. Dinner will be at 7:15.

Looks like I’m getting into Philly at 9:36. My connecting train to ELT does not leave until 12:52. Is there an earlier Keystone?

My first trip in a sleeper was excellent and very fun. I arrived at Philadelphia 45 minutes early and am going on an earlier Keystone for the trip to ELT. Thank you all for your helpful hints and tips; it was greatly appreciated. I want to make more trips in a sleeper. Again, thank you!

663 left PHL at 1055a.It is unreserved PHL-HAR. Did you catch it or wander down to Reading Terminal for an Amish breakfast (which is what I would have done)?

My first trip in a sleeper was excellent and very fun. I arrived at Philadelphia 45 minutes early and am going on an earlier Keystone for the trip to ELT. Thank you all for your helpful hints and tips; it was greatly appreciated. I want to make more trips in a sleeper. Again, thank you!

I am very glad we could help and that you had a great time. I've taken the Silver Meteor more than any other Amtrak train, and I'm always in a roomette. It's great to know you had as fun a ride as I always have!

Back