2nd AGR credit card? Bonus points again?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leacrane

Train Attendant
Got the "World Card" when BOA took over. I rarely pay for amtrak tix, so the 3x pts are worthless, i buy a ton w the card, stay @partners etc to rack up points.

Can I also apply for the Platinum card and get another 12k points? I can sure use them

If yes, why should I keep paying 78.00 annual fee if I don't get much from 3x(vs 2x pts) never use the companion fares, upgrades or other vouchers?

Tx

Sent from my SM-T710 using Amtrak Forum mobile app

I have both cards. I decided to keep both and use one for everyday purchases and the other for unusual purchases.

I had the World cad. Found out the benefits to me weren't worth it so I got the Platinum card and its bonus then on the World Card anniversary, I dumped that one. Meanwhile my wife had the platinum card from day one and she got her 12K bonus. We had a fight with BoA over them claiming an ACH transfer from my bank sent 2 days before didn't arrive in time. Had to complain to feds to get them to even talk to me.

Then just recently, they pulled another fast one on me on my Platinum card. That was it. Nether card will be used again although I won't close accounts so we get points lasting forever. But they won't make a nickel on my purchases. I'll just pay cash. I lose the chance to get lots of points. However, the points redemption rules for sleepers are not as good as cash, And no discounts for seniors with points. However, the old USAA card gives me cash back and they are a wonder to deal with.

I have the World card and have taken advantage of enough of their cash back deals (they constantly run special cash back deals with various restaurants stores etc) to pay for the card.

It’s like all credit cards, if you pay it off every month it’s ok, otherwise you re in world of hurt at outrageous interest rates.

I have mine set on auto pay so that doesn’t happen even if we are traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Back