the_traveler

Double points are back! March 2018

Signed up. I’ll be taking advantage of the promo in May when I head to North Carolina!

Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum

I registered for double points today, but I already bought my tickets a few weeks ago. Do you guys think I'll still get the double points?

brns, yes, you will get the double points for all trips during the promotion period no matter when you make the reservation. I've done this for several years and have learned to book and pay for all trips I take during this time of year and only use my points for travel outside of the double points promotion time period.

The double points are awarded for TRAVEL during the promotion timeframe, no matter when it was booked! And likewise, even if you book your October trip in April, you will not get double points, since your travel in October is outside the promotion timeframe. (Unless there is another double points promotion at that time.)

Thanks for your replies, that is great news! I have booked four round trips this spring to various places on the Lake Shore Limited route. Looks like everything but the last return trip will qualify for double points.

Edited by bms

They usually have Double Days twice a year, mid-March through mid-May and mid-September through mid-November. So actually that trip you booked in April for travel in October should be during Double Days!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." -Mark Twain

I registered for Double Days this morning.

I've got a CZ round trip booked later this month.

I too schedule my Amtrak train trips within the spring and fall Double Days promotion dates.

My trip departs May 21.. missed by 2 days.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+

I wonder can I add 2 days (May 19 & 20) to my trip reservations and get double points for my trip? It is a very long trip and that would certainly give a major points addition.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+