Reno-Las Vegas-Phoenix

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great bargain...
default_smile.png

Oh boy. That website makes the whole thing look like amateur hour. I'd be very cautious of relying on an outfit like this.

For instance, if you read their "about us" page, the section called "our people" lists four employees (three of whom are drivers...one of whom operates a hot dog stand on the side, BTW). The owner is listed only as "Count John" (no last name) and he calls himself the "founder and Authority" (sic) of the company. Yeesh.

I mean, maybe they can operate a single-route bus line but I think I'd have some serious back-up plans available if I really needed to travel. Southwest and AA operate LAS<-->PHX about 16x a day, for instance...

Oh boy. That website makes the whole thing look like amateur hour. I'd be very cautious of relying on an outfit like this.

For instance, if you read their "about us" page, the section called "our people" lists four employees (three of whom are drivers...one of whom operates a hot dog stand on the side, BTW). The owner is listed only as "Count John" (no last name) and he calls himself the "founder and Authority" (sic) of the company. Yeesh.

I mean, maybe they can operate a single-route bus line but I think I'd have some serious back-up plans available if I really needed to travel. Southwest and AA operate LAS<-->PHX about 16x a day, for instance...
I am one of those 4 employees, lol. Well, you let know what other issues you see and we'll try to fix them. We just fixed the "about us" page after reading what you posted.

For each unit we pay for insurance the equivalent of 4 or 5 paid round-the-world Business Class flights, so we don't want the website to make us look amateur when we are not.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am one of those 4 employees, lol. Well, you let know what other issues you see and we'll try to fix them. We just fixed the "about us" page after reading what you posted.

For each unit we pay for insurance the equivalent of 4 or 5 paid round-the-world Business Class flights, so we don't want the website to make us look amateur when we are not.
Oh hey there! Sorry if my critique came across as a bit harsh. It never occurred to me that you were involved. Well, I truly wish you the best of luck! It sounds like you have a lot on the line. Keep us updated.

Oh hey there! Sorry if my critique came across as a bit harsh. It never occurred to me that you were involved. Well, I truly wish you the best of luck! It sounds like you have a lot on the line. Keep us updated.
Don't worry about harsh words - the insurance premium is infinitely harsher. We are working on our website; could you please tell us what else you see is "amateur" so that we can fix it? Now we designed it off free online tutorials and we're not really web developers at all so bear with us. We have to know what is wrong in order to fix it.

I suggest that you check with publishers of website templates. You should be able to purchase a decent one for under $100. If nobody in your circle is a web developer, you can probably find someone to customize it for a couple hundred more.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Amtrak Forum mobile app

Back