NJ Transit OKs new light rail route

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirdrail7

Engineer
This has been a long time coming. I suppose it is the closest thing you'll get to the Northern Branch extension.

NJ Transit OKs new light rail route

The selected route consists of a 10-mile two-track extension from its current terminus at Tonnelle Avenue in Jersey City north to the Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, generally along CSX Transportation’s Northern Branch running track. Plans include construction of seven stations in North Bergen, Ridgefield, Palisades Park, Leonia, and three in Englewood, along with parking for more than 2,700 vehicles.

Service is proposed to operate from 5-10 a.m. with six-minute headway during the peak period and 15-minute headway off-peak. NJT estimates average weekday daily ridership of 12,370 passengers by 2030.
I don't understand the 5-10am hours. IS this a misprint? Surely there will be evening hours.

I'd say 0500-2200 is far more likely (I'm not sure how a morning-rush-only service would get okayed for funding, especially with the other issues the state is facing).

Back