Airline help for Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making America Great Again...
default_mda.gif

Needing prompt wheelchair assistance - depends when the request was made?
default_huh.png
(Is 6 months ago when I bought the ticket enough, or should I have made the request sooner?
default_huh.png
)

2 weeks ago, I had a connection on American Airlines at DFW. I had previously requested wheelchair assistance. The airline agent met me on the jetway and took me to my departure flight. Because my arrival was in 1 terminal and my departure was in another (both on AA BTW), I had to transfer using the airport tram. Even with the airline employee assistance, by the time I got to the gate, it was already boarding! But now they either want to take that option away or start charging for it?
default_huh.png

And they wonder why people hate flying?

Last edited by a moderator:
Needing prompt wheelchair assistance - depends when the request was made?
default_huh.png
(Is 6 months ago when I bought the ticket enough, or should I have made the request sooner?
default_huh.png
)

2 weeks ago, I had a connection on American Airlines at DFW. I had previously requested wheelchair assistance. The airline agent met me on the jetway and took me to my departure flight. Because my arrival was in 1 terminal and my departure was in another (both on AA BTW), I had to transfer using the airport tram. Even with the airline employee assistance, by the time I got to the gate, it was already boarding! But now they either want to take that option away or start charging for it?
default_huh.png

And they wonder why people hate flying?
Just to clarify...was it an airline employee that pushed your wheelchair, or a contracted service employee that the airline had to pay for?

Back