KmH

Airline help for Amtrak

Needing prompt wheelchair assistance - depends when the request was made?:huh: (Is 6 months ago when I bought the ticket enough, or should I have made the request sooner?:huh: )

2 weeks ago, I had a connection on American Airlines at DFW. I had previously requested wheelchair assistance. The airline agent met me on the jetway and took me to my departure flight. Because my arrival was in 1 terminal and my departure was in another (both on AA BTW), I had to transfer using the airport tram. Even with the airline employee assistance, by the time I got to the gate, it was already boarding! But now they either want to take that option away or start charging for it?:huh:

And they wonder why people hate flying?

Edited by the_traveler

Needing prompt wheelchair assistance - depends when the request was made? :huh: (Is 6 months ago when I bought the ticket enough, or should I have made the request sooner? :huh: )

2 weeks ago, I had a connection on American Airlines at DFW. I had previously requested wheelchair assistance. The airline agent met me on the jetway and took me to my departure flight. Because my arrival was in 1 terminal and my departure was in another (both on AA BTW), I had to transfer using the airport tram. Even with the airline employee assistance, by the time I got to the gate, it was already boarding! But now they either want to take that option away or start charging for it? :huh:

And they wonder why people hate flying?

Just to clarify...was it an airline employee that pushed your wheelchair, or a contracted service employee that the airline had to pay for?