FRA head resigns

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the second link:

Heath Hall became the Federal Railroad Administration's acting chief after being appointed deputy administrator in June. But he subsequently appeared at least twice in local media reports last summer as a sheriff's spokesman in Madison County, Miss., where he has long run a public relations and political consulting firm.

The firm also continued to receive payments from the county for its services from July through December, despite Hall's pledge in a federal ethics form that the business would be "dormant" while he worked at DOT. And Tiffany Lindemann, a former FRA public affairs official who left the agency in September, told POLITICO this week that she had fielded at least three requests from a Mississippi television journalist seeking to speak with Hall during the summer.

Hall has been on an extended leave of absence since last month due to what the FRA has described as a family emergency. But DOT officials said Saturday, after reviewing POLITICO's latest questions, that his departure is now permanent.
Seriously?

Only the best
default_wink.png

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

This is what we get when we have a "President" who can't be bothered to actually do any work.

Vacancies, people appointed who don't bother to do their jobs, people who do private work on the side while ignoring their government jobs, people who just resign when the government job seems to be too much work... most of that is just copying the President, but I wish he'd go ahead and resign.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if we'll get someone that is proactive and actually concerned with safety instead of a reactive, rubber stamp that capitulates to the railroad lobby.

Out with the old, in with the new! Welcome Mr. Batory. Now that the pleasantries have been dispensed, you have a LOT of work to do!

Senate confirms Ronald Batory as FRA Administrator

Batory retired in March 2017 as President and COO of Conrail, following a 46-year career that included the presidency of the Belt Railway of Chicago and senior positions at Class I and regional railroads, including general manager in Chicago for Southern Pacific. His accomplishments at Conrail in large part led to the railroad’s selection as Railway Age’s 2017 Regional Railroad of the Year.

“Even as his confirmation languished, consensus that Ronald Batory was highly qualified to serve as administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration never waned,” said Thune in a statement. “His confirmation is a win for railroad safety, and I expect him to have an impact.”

Edward R. Hamberger, President and CEO of the Association of American Railroads (AAR), said, “The freight railroad industry congratulates Ron Batory on his confirmation to become FRA Administrator. Ron Batory is supremely qualified to guide the FRA moving forward, equipped with years of real world experience that will surely assist him in his oversight duties. We look forward to working with Administrator Batory in our collective mission to ensure maximum rail safety.”
“Ron Batory is universally respected as a knowledgeable professional with great experience and understanding of the needs of all railroad stakeholders,” said Rail Passengers Association President Jim Mathews. “He is well-versed in the railroad industry, with decades of experience working on passenger and freight rail issues, and eminently qualified for his role at FRA. We look forward to advancing the safety needs of passenger rail nationwide under his guidance at this vitally important agency.”

Back