The Dinky's One Minute of Fame

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was reading the Trains Magazine newsletter (which they keep sending me even though I haven't subscribed to the magazine for a while) dated February 5 and was pleasantly surprised to see a video of the Princeton Dinky. I didn't know it was the shortest passenger branch in the U.S.

I tried to post a link but couldn't get it to work.

The video was only a minute long, but I guess a train that short on a branch that short will have to be happy with one minute of fame instead of the usual 15!
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
"No one aboard is thinking about the fact that this commuter run is the shortest passenger branch in the United States, as they head towards the famed university town."

How does the writer know no one on board is thinking about that fact?

"No one aboard is thinking about the fact that this commuter run is the shortest passenger branch in the United States, as they head towards the famed university town."

How does the writer know no one on board is thinking about that fact?
Maybe the writer is the only passenger, and they are thinking something else...? Elementary, my dear Watson
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Thirdrail7--that was the video, and the link works nicely.
default_smile.png

I thought the same thing, trainman74--how does the author know what people are thinking?

But caravanman, there definitely would have been more than one person on there. I see that train every day on my commute (although I am sorry to say I've never ridden it, because I'm always going to work in the Princeton Junction area and have no need to go into Princeton proper). But I have met some fascinating people who ride it as they are waiting for the train and I'm waiting for my office shuttle. Along with students, there are professors, people who work at the Princeton Seminary, and a librarian at the university--lots of smart people with interesting jobs!
default_smile.png

Back