Turboliners on the move

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VT Hokie

Lead Service Attendant
If anyone feels like braving the cold temps tonight, it might be possible to catch a glimpse of the Turboliners on the move up the NEC as they get towed from Bear, DE up to Adams Yard in North Brunswick, NJ!

turbo2.jpg

'Tis a mystery. My hope would be to be restored for high speed express New York - Albany service. A more realistic rumor is that they're gonna be used for some sort of police training. I always hoped at least one would make it to a museum if they're not going to be used again.

Have

'Tis a mystery. My hope would be to be restored for high speed express New York - Albany service. A more realistic rumor is that they're gonna be used for some sort of police training. I always hoped at least one would make it to a museum if they're not going to be used again.
Haven't the spare parts being warehoused, all been sold for scrap?

Actually, I am surprised they can still move. I would have thought that their trucks would have fallen into disrepair.

The first set traveled to Adams Yard yesterday (with a stop at Wilmington shops).

Don't be bashful, Dutchrailnut! Tell us how you really feel!
default_happy.png

All in all, it is good move. As a matter fact, they should use them for all of the emergency response training throughout the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back