Deutsche Bahn has to apply for a gambling license for winter timetable

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Court ruling: Deutsche Bahn has to apply for a gambling license for winter timetable

"Due to constant delays and cancellations, the Federal Court of Justice has now classified the winter timetable as a game of chance - which is why the group now has to apply for licenses under the lottery state treaty in all federal states. Until then, the train may no longer publicize schedules."

Google Chrome will translate the article for you...

http://www.der-postillon.com/2017/12/bgh-bahn-gluecksspiel.html

That is funny, if rather surprising. I always found their train service to be very reliable... Goodness knows what they would make of Amtrak delays!
default_biggrin.png

Ed.

Just in case there is any confusion, this is a satire site (similar to The Onion).

Other articles on the site:

"Prime Housing": New Amazon service reduces delivery time to zero by allowing customers to live directly in the warehouse

Three wrong PIN entered: ECB chief Draghi accidentally paralyzes all European banks

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in case there is any confusion, this is a satire site (similar to The Onion).

Other articles on the site:

"Prime Housing": New Amazon service reduces delivery time to zero by allowing customers to live directly in the warehouse

Three wrong PIN entered: ECB chief Draghi accidentally paralyzes all European banks
Thanks...I suspected that upon reading the article.

In my experience, the ICE is often 15-30 mintues late. That would be considered quite puncutal on Amtrak, I realize. But because the DB lets you book a connection with a 10 minute layover, a 30 minute delay can really disrupt your itinerary. I actually find the regional trains are more likely to be on time, probably because they have shorter runs.

I had a 6 minute delay on an 8 minute transfer. Fortunately it was a cross platform transfer so I made it, but that's how tight they book things. So even small delays can be catastrophic.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sorry if revived the thread. This always happens to me, all the time there is a delay that is as much as a transfer time. All the time I need to rush and get stressed that I will lose my train and I am tired of that.

Back