Amtrak consist that incorporates multiple routes?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has any of you built an Amtrak consist that includes elements from multiple routes? For instance, including Amfleet coaches with Superliner coaches (think Capitol Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief or California Zephyr) or perhaps adding Amfleet coaches to the Auto Train?

How did it work out for you?

I am generally of the opinion that its my model railroad and that I can run it as I like.

Anyway, not all types of equipment are available as models, so unless you have the time and skills to scratchbuild or modify your own, you sometimes have to accept compromises.

To me, if it looks vaguely credible, then it works.

Of course you can always invent a story to it. This car is being deadheaded, and that one is included because the regular one wasn't available today.

I sometimes run a train of phase V superliners (which I claim is the Southwest Chief) and have it pulled by Santa Fe warbonnet F-units. I like the aesthetics, but of course it's complete nosense. But them it's my railroad so I will do as I like.

I am generally of the opinion that its my model railroad and that I can run it as I like.

Anyway, not all types of equipment are available as models, so unless you have the time and skills to scratchbuild or modify your own, you sometimes have to accept compromises.

To me, if it looks vaguely credible, then it works.

Of course you can always invent a story to it. This car is being deadheaded, and that one is included because the regular one wasn't available today.

I sometimes run a train of phase V superliners (which I claim is the Southwest Chief) and have it pulled by Santa Fe warbonnet F-units. I like the aesthetics, but of course it's complete nosense. But them it's my railroad so I will do as I like.
Sounds good to me!

Back