Any reasonable way to transfer Chase points to AGR?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspiration100

Lead Service Attendant
Title asks it all. Does anyone know of a reasonable way to transfer lots of chase points to AGR? I know the good days of direct 1:1 are long gone. Are there any backdoor options that give a reasonable return? I have over 150k Chase points I'd like to burn on some Amsteaks and mountain views.

The only way I know has a horrible ratio...

Transfer UR points to Marriot, then transfer at 1:3 ratio to SPG, then SPG to Amtrak. So, 150k UR is 50k Amtrak. Horrible ratio, especially since 150k UR can be used as 1500 in Cashback.

Agreed. I don't think there are any good ways to transfer points in.

As discussed in a recent thread, there are ways. I pointed out a Hilton Offers Surpass Card offer that came with 100,000 Hilton Honors points, but after transferring, that turns into 15K points on Amtrak. In order to get the points you would have had to have spent $3000 in 3 months on the card.

I have no idea how far 100K in points would get you at Hilton, so the value probably varies by individual. In general, however, collecting points is much harder now that Amtrak switched from Chase to Bank of America.

Back