Portal Heights Electrics

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS VIA Fan

Conductor
Portal Heights Electrics....1973 and Today

CN Portal Heights....now RMTs Canora** Station at the north end of the 5 km Mount Royal Tunnel on the electric suburban line between Montreal Central Station and Deux-Montagnes, Quebec

(**named for CAnadian NOrthern RAilway....builder of the Tunnel)

https://rtm.quebec/en

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.jpg

Dual Mode ALP-45DP units also use the tunnel now on the route to Mascouche. Units lower their pantograph and switch to diesel power at Ahuntsic. And note the dual set of horns on the units: Noise By-laws adjacent to some of the overnight lay-over yards do not permit testing of the horns before the first run in the early morning....so an extra set “just in case”

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you time it right….you can catch a train above the tunnel portal on CP’s line to Park Avenue and onto Saint-Jerome that has come ‘round the mountain from Gare Lucien-L-Allier (Windsor Station) downtown…not through it.

10.jpg

Its the same case, hideous mottled blue plastics and all. I hit my head on the emergency signs, and whenever I sit down or stand up. And you are taller than me.

Back