Septa sprinters

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Sprinter is a van, built by Mercedes-Benz, and should be used on Septas ParaTransit routes. The CitiesSprinter is what we are talking about.

Coming to a high speed, 125 mph equipped corridor near their operations! Who's up to party this weekend?

default_ph34r.png

I agree, cpotisch.

However, I absolutely love SEPTA and have a warm place in my heart for most things connected with it (inexplicable to some on here, but I think I may get a pass for having NJT as my commuter rail and seeing what is across the river as nicer
default_tongue.png
).

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, cpotisch.

However, I absolutely love SEPTA and have a warm place in my heart for most things connected with it (inexplicable to some on here, but I think I may get a pass for having NJT as my commuter rail and seeing what is across the river as nicer
default_tongue.png
).
The trains are always nicer in someone else’s backyard.

I had heard that there are bathrooms in the Amtrak AVS-64s, but not the SEPTA ones. Is that true? I was surprised to hear that any locomotives have bathrooms inside.

I had heard that there are bathrooms in the Amtrak AVS-64s, but not the SEPTA ones. Is that true? I was surprised to hear that any locomotives have bathrooms inside.
This is true. Amtrak units have toilets cause most runs that engineers have are over an hour and a half and engineers will use the bathroom during station stops. Septa doesn't believe in bathrooms. That was the worst part of working there.

It's looking like June 1st is the debut of the Septic Sprinters in Revenue Service.

This is true. Amtrak units have toilets cause most runs that engineers have are over an hour and a half and engineers will use the bathroom during station stops. Septa doesn't believe in bathrooms. That was the worst part of working there.

It's looking like June 1st is the debut of the Septic Sprinters in Revenue Service.
That reminds me of some stories I've heard on steam locomotives. There is one man who was a legend Bill Purdie who was the head man over the Southern Railway Steam Program.

He had to go to the bathroom on the steam engine while it was running. So he went to the side and started using it off the side of the train. But forgot he was coming into a town. So while he was going he was waving to people lined up to see the train. He was a hoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Septa's first Sprinter went into revenue service yesterday on the daily "Great Valley Flyer" Which is a heavily traveled train. It runs Express from 30th Street to Paoli, and then is local to Thorndale.
Finally! At last we'll be seeing a genuinely good lucking ACS-64 in service. Here's a video I found taken today of an in-service Sprinter:

Back