Thruway Bus Ridership Statistics

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianpmcdonnell17

Conductor
Are Thruway Bus passengers counted for the totals at a given station? For example, if I were to take the Thruway Bus from Tampa to Orlando to travel north on the SM, would I count as just 1 passenger at Orlando or would I count as 1 at Tampa and 2 at Orlando?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Amtrak Forum mobile app

Your scenario is interesting Brian since your Thruway bus is between two Amtrak stations. I believe I took the same Amtrak bus between ORL and the Clearwater station when I went on a trip to see the Phillies spring training the year after they won the World Series. In my case, that would be a moot point since obviously I am connecting off ORL and Clearwater isn't an Amtrak station. Since your Thruway leg is really a bus leg, I would assume it would not count in favor of Amtrak ridership stats because they would then in that case need ridership totals for Clearwater, Ft. Myers, Gainesville Florida, Wilkes Barre, Columbus Ohio , and all of the other Thruway stops (although I am not 100% positive).

Back