what is the better bedroom on a Viewliner train?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A or B?

Does it matter?

Are they both identical?
Depending on which way the Viewliner is hooked up, one of the Couches will face forward and the other backwards. Otherwise theyre the same.

Actually the H Bedroom on a Viewliner is the Best Sleeping accommodations that Amtrak offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
A and B are identical, except one is the opposite of the other so the divider between them can be rolled into the wall to create a suite. Which direction the couch is facing will be unknown until you board.

A or B?

Does it matter?

Are they both identical?
Depending on which way the Viewliner is hooked up, one of the Couches will face forward and the other backwards. Otherwise theyre the same.

Actually the H Bedroom on a Viewliner is the Best Sleeping accommodations that Amtrak offers.
Why do you consider the H Bedroom on a viewliner the best sleeping accommodation Amtrak offers?

I know the "H" room is spacious, etc. but I have always been reluctant to purchase that room because I don't want to deprive someone who really needs the room on a last minute trip.

The H room on the Viewliner is spacious and private but we prefer the A and B bedrooms as we can sit across from one another and chat. Its really a room for people with special needs traveling with someone who is typically in better physical health who can climb to the top bunk for sleeping. The bottom bunk can sleep two in a pinch. The standard bedrooms have plenty of room for two able bodied folks and are quite comfortable.

I agree with the sentiment about the H room. I would be reluctant to book it since I don't need it. I did get moved into an unsold empty one due to my vl roomette having a plumbing issue on one trip and it was pretty nice.There were a couple of empty roomettes, but either they figured they might sell them, or they were being nice to me because of the issue and the need to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back