Sign in to follow this  
U235

Greetings

I'm new in joining this forum but not new to travel by rail. I've traveled quite a bit over the past few years (mostly on business) and have been able to have my wife along with me. We're both great fans of train travel. In two days we take our "dream trip". We are visiting my daughter and her family in the SFO area. We leave Saturday on the CS to Seattle. After a few days there we take the EB to Chicago for a few days of entertainment and hopefully a Cubs game. We leave from there on CL for WAS and after a short stay will take Palmetto back to FAY and a short drive to the NC coast and home.

I've learned a lot in reading the comments and advice given to others over the last couple of years and it has made my travels much more enjoyable. Thanks for all the help and I look forward to participating in the discussion from now on.

Welcome U235. We too have a daughter in San Francisco (and a new granddaughter).

We just returned from SFO yesterday by train. It is a long ride but we divide the trip with

an overnight in a hotel in Chicago. We have been pleased with the train staff on the Meteor,

Lake Shore and the Zephyr in both directions. Winter Haven, FL is our home base.

Again welcome and please share your experiences with our group.

Welcome to the AU forum. Wishing you the best in your Amtrak travels. :)