Luggage storage at Boston South Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AudenHoggart

Service Attendant
Anyone know the per item charge for storing luggage at Boston South Station baggage claim for the day (prior to taking an evening train?)

Thanks!

I don't even think that there is a true bag claim there. I believe most of the bags are claimed trainside in Boston. If you're on say 177 or 179 during the week, you'd be ok leaving them with a red cap.

Correct. No baggage room, check with red caps OR go to top floor of the bus terminal(next to south station) where they will check bags. Please google or call to find prices

I haven't been to BOS in a couple of years. Did they close the baggage room? :huh:

It used to be in the separate building next to the tracks just out the door on the left. Don't forget there are 2 trains with checked baggage, LSL & 65/66/67 serving BOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been to BOS in a couple of years. Did they close the baggage room? :huh:

It used to be in the separate building next to the tracks just out the door on the left. Don't forget there are 2 trains with checked baggage, LSL & 65/66/67 serving BOS.
The baggage room is still there and functional, including short term storage. I do not know the cost, sorry...

The baggage room is still there and functional, including short term storage. I do not know the cost, sorry...
$5 per $24 hours.

1500785223579.jpg

The Club Acela will happily hold your luggage all day. You can buy a day pass from them for $20 or so, or get some from agr website, etc.

Might end up being cheaper that way, plus you get all the free papers, drinks, and snacks you can fit in that luggage. (unlike other lounges, the BOS one seems to have a great selection that never runs out).

Yes, the Baggage Checkroom at South Station is alive and well, and is next to track 13.

The Club Acela is impressive, and shows off the historic details of the station pre-restoration.

I live close enough to really have use for it, but when riding Acela First Class I'll get there early to take advantage of it.

Ken

Club Acela.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back