How it's Done.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VentureForth

Engineer
From a friend of mine who lives in Japan:

"Watching the progress daily as I pass through here. One new building complex already making good progress on the Meiji-Dori side.

The thing that amazes me about this place is that they have completely rerouted a train line (from the 2nd floor to 5 stories underground--and connected it to another line!) and are literally rebuilding and remodeling the entire station area, all the while with millions of people still going through it everyday, business as usual! It's like a big maze that they change up on you every few months but still, incredible."

Associated article:

http://www.nippon.com/en/views/b07801/#.WWh2ZXEhOcw.facebook

Youre right Dutch,( so is jis!) but my point is at least lots of American people have Good jobs connected with Japanese Goods.

On the other hand, the Chinese are flooding us with Low Cost stuff at Low prices and the people that deal with Chinese/Asian Goods have Low paying Jobs with Lousy Benefits. ( see Wal-Mart)Only Corporate execs are doing OK under this system!

This is one of the reasons Trump was able to convinceso many people to vote against their own interest by promising something he can't deliver!. ( See his and his families Businesses!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is ALL besides the point. It's the fourth busiest train station in the WORLD, handling more than 2.4 millions passengers PER DAY. There are four companies with eight lines that serve that station. Yet through all of that, they were able to meticulously relocate one of the trains 7 STORIES without missing a beat.

All this [irrelevant] trade banter is just evidence of the constant griping and complaining that we see here in the US.

Jinshu even made a fantastic point about a similar project in India being completed.

I'm not saying the Japanese are corruption free. By no means. But they get the freakin' job done. THAT'S WHY WE'LL NEVER HAVE 200 MPH RAIL SERVICE IN THE USA.

Back