LSL CSX track work June-July 2017

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daybeers

Conductor
It looks like either Amtrak is being cautious or the track work being done by CSX has been extended past Thursday, July 27th. Arrow shows bus substitutes are still in place for 449 7/29-7/31 and 8/5-8/7, and 7/28-7/30 and 8/4-8/6 for 448.

I am looking into doing a trip on the LSL from SPG to CLE in early August, and I'm hoping to go BC. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid the bustitution, but if not, is the process of adding cars to 49 still the same, or do they just bring the whole consist up from NYP when there's a bustitution? I also want to make sure there will be BC on 449 west of ALB if there is a bustitution.

CSX is on schedule to wrap up their work on the 27th. However, the MBTA/Keolis will begin track work beginning the following weekend. As indicated in the LSL sold out Sun-Thurs twice over three weeks thread, NYP can't handle the consist. The Boston sections turns at ALB. Unless there is shopper, the consist should remain the same.

Back