Two Iowa Pacific Cars on Amtrak #5(08)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
I caught the westbound California Zephyr at Agency, Iowa this evening with two cars from Iowa Pacific. They were the full dome Sky View and the sleeping car Baton Rouge. This is for a Best of the West trip.

Nice job, as usual...thanks for posting...

They should have run the dome on the rear, so those in the front of the dome could get somewhat of a forward view over the single level, instead of looking at the back of the Superliner...JMHO....

I saw that train at Naperville Illinois while I was going in the opposite direction on the east bound Train 6. It was quite a pleasant surprise to see those 2 cars. It's too bad that the Big Dome had black painting near just below the dome to identify the owner. It would have been better to at least have the Iowa Pacific in small letters similar to or matching that of the old Santa Fe lettering on the Big Domes.

Maybe I misunderstood something, but I thought Iowa Pacific had gone bankrupt?

Or has somebody else taken over their brand and operations?

Maybe I misunderstood something, but I thought Iowa Pacific had gone bankrupt?

Or has somebody else taken over their brand and operations?
I think it still exists and owns cars that it leases out. I think it has stopped running trips of its own?

They are still limping along. And some cars lettered for them they don't own. Nobody knows for sure what they own to be honest. Even me who's an insider

Back