Ringling Car Sales

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaboard92

Engineer
Congrats are in order for several of my friends.

Borden B owner of Dearing has bought EX PRR Norristown Inn to be a companion car to the Dearing with five staterooms.

Jason S has bought a Pie Car and EX UP 5444

Roanoke Chapter of the NRHS has bought one of the former N&W cars. I don't have the number yet.

I'll update when I learn more

PAXX Rail bought six or seven cars. Including two HEP Gens. With the intent of selling them after rebuilding them. I strongly doubt that will be the case.

Cars are not all sold and you. Can get them as low as ten grand

What wonderful news. Can anyone provide some specifics? I would like to buy, own and operate my own private sleeper car. How much would it cost (approximately)? Also, any estimate of repairs/renovation? Also, annual operating expenses. Thanks!!

What wonderful news. Can anyone provide some specifics? I would like to buy, own and operate my own private sleeper car. How much would it cost (approximately)? Also, any estimate of repairs/renovation? Also, annual operating expenses. Thanks!!
If you want to customize the car, it'll be probably over $200,000. Getting it up to Amtrak specs, depending on the cars current condition can be anywhere from $0 to $1,000,000

Seaboard can probably get us real numbers from Ms. Borden for the Ringling car that she and her husband purchased and are converting to a four suite luxury sleeping car.
I can't probably discuss publicly what she paid. But I do know the mechanical work needed and about what was estimated.

I can say though for a Budd car with a current CO&TS in the shape that it's in she got a phenomenal once in a lifetime price. Considering most cars in its shape can go between 50-150 thousand (this car would be on the north end of that range).

I will also say a lot of the cars went for ten thousand in the second round of auctions

Back