Dining on the Ocean (with photos)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS VIA Fan

Conductor
Lunch: Tomato Bisque Soup, Pulled-Pork Sandwich with Peppers & Onions, Potato Salad. Dessert: Brownie (lunch was served to those passengers boarding in Truro at 2:45pm)

20170322_145222.jpg

20170322_145623.jpg

20170322_150934_001.jpg

Breakfast: Scrambled Skillet: Hashbrowns, Country Sausage, Scrambled Eggs and all topped with grated Cheddar (one of the best breakfasts I've had on VIA (Canadian included!) Another Breakfast option was Tomato Quiche & Country Sausage

20170323_070612_001.jpg

20170327_075923_001.jpg

Thanks!

I've never seen photos of dining car service on the Ocean, only the Canadian (which I've also seen in real life :) .

Hoping to ride this train one day.

Everything looks good, but why is the slice of pie so skinny? I want an big fat slice of pie. :)
Can't say for certain, but I'm guessing that the pies are pre-sliced, with paper separation, and are kept frozen.
I buy Cheesecake Factory frozen cheesecake's at Costco, that come that way...

Everything looks good, but why is the slice of pie so skinny? I want an big fat slice of pie. :)
Can't say for certain, but I'm guessing that the pies are pre-sliced, with paper separation, and are kept frozen.
I buy Cheesecake Factory frozen cheesecake's at Costco, that come that way...
Yes but those slices of cheesecake are nice and fat. Not skinny.

Thank you for the photos, the food looks good to me.

(Nice to know that another poster's dining menu includes Dinty Moore's Beef Stew as well as mine.)

Thanks for the pictures, we just booked a trip on The Ocean, in a room, for late August, and looking forward to the Park Car, and the diner.

I like the fact that the diner has tables for 2,no offense, but as someone who has do a lot of networking for work, I don't like having to deal with strangers while on vacation.

Ken

I like the fact that the diner has tables for 2,no offense, but as someone who has do a lot of networking for work, I don't like having to deal with strangers while on vacation.
The Ocean will be busy in August and often sells-out in sleepers......so a pretty good chance you will be seated with someone.

We really enjoyed our trip on The Ocean this week. The Dining Car service was excellent, and we got our same table for 2 for each meal (dinner, breakfast, lunch). We had plenty of socializing in the 2 dome cars, this was one long train !ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1504352417.357792.jpgImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1504352454.195132.jpgImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1504352504.006625.jpgImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1504352539.750659.jpg

Did the Ocean this summer, Montreal to Halifax in a bedroom. Neat trip, as stated the diner food was great and enjoyed the Dome and Park car. They had entertainment in the Park car. A lot of fun in an intimate environment.

Back