MKA Shuttle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronkstevens

Service Attendant
I'm going to be taking the train into MKA, then renting a car at the airport.

How often does the shuttle run? Do you have to call or is it on a schedule?

When I return back and drop off my car, how much time in advance of the scheduled train departure do I have to be at the airport? Or put another way, after I drop off my car, what is the longest amount of time needed to get from the airport to the station? I'm going to be catching train 338 on a Sunday.

Does the shuttle stop at arrivals, departures, or both?

Thanks!

It's been a long time since I've used it, but as I recall it operated on a set regular schedule. (Like every 15 or 30 minutes.)

The station is very near the airport terminal, maybe 5 minutes away. I don't recall where you get picked up.

From train station to airport, I believe the shuttle meets each train arrival. (I've only used MKA once to detrain and there was a shuttle waiting that time, but each time I've passed through MKA on the train and been paying attention there has been a small shuttle bus waiting.)

From airport to train station I really don't know. I'd guess there might be more info on the airport website. Otherwise you might have to ask at an airport information booth as far as how to get the shuttle back to the train station.

It runs regularly. I do this all the time, sometimes there is one waiting, on arrival, but never have I waited more than 10 minutes beforeit arrives. It runs a regular pickup and drop off loop.

Back