Christmas Tree in Roomette

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meat Puppet

Lead Service Attendant
Just in case you want to decorate..A 4 Ft tree fits in a Roomette.

tree2_zpscjast4e4.jpg
tree1_zpsunozfdvu.jpg

Is it on the step to the upper bunk?

That's such a great idea. :)

Now that I think of it, it would be quite festive to roam the train singing Christmas Carols! I a quite sure that would put everyone in a mood of some sort!

yes, and the curtain is wide enough so it can go around the back of the tree and get velcroed as normal and that kind of keeps it in place.

yes, and the curtain is wide enough so it can go around the back of the tree and get velcroed as normal and that kind of keeps it in place.
Oh! I see that now. The curtain makes it look like a window display. You could do a theme next year. Little houses and whatnot.

It's too bad the step is narrow; it would be fun to have a train going around the tree.

Oh! I see that now. The curtain makes it look like a window display. You could do a theme next year. Little houses and whatnot.

It's too bad the step is narrow; it would be fun to have a train going around the tree.
haha, I thought about it, but even the 9" radius curve , making a 18" circle is just too big. I guess z-scale would work but the train would be so small you wouldnt even see it. Maybe a cheap battery operated set with really tight curves would work. I think the little houses idea is easier.

I really think your Christmas tree is a wonderful idea. On the subject of caroling through the train, I recall many years ago on the way to work the afternoon trick in Hoboken, riding in the deadhead car, which was occupied by train crews and janitors from out on the line. One of the janitors got up in the old Lackawanna electric and performed a rather drunken sounding " Silent Night. "

I really think your Christmas tree is a wonderful idea. On the subject of caroling through the train, I recall many years ago on the way to work the afternoon trick in Hoboken, riding in the deadhead car, which was occupied by train crews and janitors from out on the line. One of the janitors got up in the old Lackawanna electric and performed a rather drunken sounding " Silent Night. "

Do it during normal hours and likely you'll have some takers and a lot of people enjoying it. I just finished up caroling on a Christmas train it can be a lot of fun.

Do it during normal hours and likely you'll have some takers and a lot of people enjoying it. I just finished up caroling on a Christmas train it can be a lot of fun.
Amtrak is not a setup or marketed as a holiday train. Why would a socially aware adult just assume everyone else in the car wants to hear them singing? Chances are most folks have no training and their singing is terrible. Even if they're amazingly gifted they're going to be singing the same generic department store jingles that have been associated with Christmas for as long as anyone can remember. If you want to put a tasteful (non-flashing) display in your window then knock yourself out. Anyone who doesn't like it can simply look away, but please don't flood the car with sounds that cannot be reasonably avoided.

Caroling in the sleepers and coaches would annoy me. It's akin to playing music without headphones.

Singing in the lounge annoys me too (for the same reason), but at least I can go back to my seat/room to avoid it.

I agree with Devil's Advocate and SarahZ.

I find taking the train relaxing and enjoyable, and would not appreciate someone thinking they’ll entertain me by walking up and down the aisles singing Christmas carols.

I’d view them as I would someone thinking their boom box is meant to entertain a train car full of passengers.

(They don’t call me “Crabby” for no reason)

I think it would be fine if confined to the lounge car. Nothing wrong with some Christmas cheer and doubt it would be long lasting. Those who don't wish to share in holiday festivities could go back to coach or their room. Just spent a day in Alexandria and street folks singing Christmas songs all over. Everyone seemed to enjoy.

I agree with Devil's Advocate and SarahZ.

I find taking the train relaxing and enjoyable, and would not appreciate someone thinking they’ll entertain me by walking up and down the aisles singing Christmas carols.

I’d view them as I would someone thinking their boom box is meant to entertain a train car full of passengers.

(They don’t call me “Crabby” for no reason)
Agreed as well; it is bad enough we have to listen to Christmas music banging away at Warp 10 in every store we enter no sooner than Halloween is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back