Next Phase III P32

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe 701 is currently at the Grove being repainted

Last edited by a moderator:
701 arrived in Chicago today, heading back home on the Lakeshore as soon as tonight.
Why did it take nearly two months to overhaul that locomotive?
It actually was there a little over three months which is just slightly longer than typical for Genesis to be painted(no overhaul). 701 also needed a nose job, which you can see for yourself as to why if you search for pictures of it from earlier this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
707 has been repainted. This makes four of eighteen P32 now with Phase III Empire. 22% of the way there towards all being repainted.

I think that is all NYS paid for last fiscal year. I'm not sure how many they intend to repaint this year although I heard the number two being floated.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Here's a video that was uploaded today by YouTube user Matthew Mosier showing AMTK 707 on Amtrak #48.

AFAIK NY spent some money to rebuild MNRR P32s. Since they fund almost all of the trains Amtrak uses them on, is this something they are considering, or will they just eventually fund new DMs for LIRR, MNRR and Amtrak down the road?

This video was uploaded today by the Wide World of Trains YouTube channel showing AMTK 711 on the Lake Shore Limited in Dunkirk, New York.

700 has made it to Chicago and very well could be on tonight's Hoosier State for its date with some paint.

It sort of irks me that so many locos are getting the Phase III treatment. That color scheme was designed for P42 #145 to celebrate Amtrak's 40th Anniversary. Now it's on #822 and the majority of the P32s. It just makes it that much less special to see a Phase III loco. Could just be me, though...

Back