Hello (again), Amtrak LSA here.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wowixor

Train Attendant
Hello! I've been looking at the forum since around 2003, which is also when I got hired in to Amtrak, but I've finally made an account to post on. I'm an LSA that currently works in the cafe lounges on a long distance train out of Chicago.

Hello! I've been looking at the forum since around 2003, which is also when I got hired in to Amtrak, but I've finally made an account to post on. I'm an LSA that currently works in the cafe lounges on a long distance train out of Chicago.
Great to have another Amtrak employee as a member, especially one who works my "Hometrain". the Texas Eagle.

I'm sure I've seen you as much as I ride the Eagle ( not as much as before AGR2.0), hopefully you'll share some of your adventures with us as other OBS do!

Yeah, you probably have seen me often then. I've been on the Eagle since 2014; me and another LSA who had previously worked on the corridor trains for years came over with the bids that year. We worked on different trains, but on the same day. He's an older gent named Kenny Stephans - very nice man. He basically had said to me: "Kris, I'm so tired of this run. It's always late. I think I'm going to go to the Eagle for the 5 days off," and with that in my ear, I bid as well! I think I'm the "youngest" in seniority holding, or maybe second youngest. I am still really enjoying the days off between trips, though sometimes it feels like they go way too fast :D

Yep, I know Kenny and lots of the other OBS and T&E Crews. Lotsof great folks on the Eagles and only a few duds and Chicago 'tude types aboard!

As you know we're currently having lots of flooding and poor OTP dye to track work and reroutes but at least y'all get OT for the extra time!

Hope to see y'a aboard one of these days!

A small tip: there are Amtrak suits and employees that monitor and read this forum so please be careful on not providing too much personal info, you know how snoopy busy bodies like to try and get fellow employees in trouble!

Yeah I figured as much :) I don't plan on posting much, or at least anything that can get me in trouble XD

Yep, I know Kenny and lots of the other OBS and T&E Crews. Lotsof great folks on the Eagles and only a few duds and Chicago 'tude types aboard!

As you know we're currently having lots of flooding and poor OTP dye to track work and reroutes but at least y'all get OT for the extra time!

Hope to see y'a aboard one of these days!

A small tip: there are Amtrak suits and employees that monitor and read this forum so please be careful on not providing too much personal info, you know how snoopy busy bodies like to try and get fellow employees in trouble!
Quote: "be careful on not providing too much personal info"

Sadly so true of all forums any of us post to.

Welcome. Nice to meet yet another LSA on here. I've thought about how nice it must be to have some of those nice relief days, but I don't know...Being how I am, I'd probably go nuts. I think I had heard from an LSA that was working the lounge car on 48/448 that you guys crew the Empire Builder too, am I right? With 6 on 8 off? I'd have to work extras on the corridor like runs. I'd go stir crazy! Buuut...that'd make for a real nice vacation, if you time it with your schedule right

Back