another newb

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermit

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Hello all! I am new to this wonderful place and just starting to figure it out how it works. I got bit by the train bug as a kid going from Los Angeles to Albuquerque. Unfortunately,I forgot about the train for years until a horrible flying incident a couple of years ago!!! Since then I have done The CS(lax-sea),CZ(Emeryville to Denver and back). This July I am doing the CZ (emeryville to chi) and my way home will be the EB(Chi-Sea),CS(sea-emy) sleeper on all. From here on out it's Amtrak or nothing for my travel needs!!!

If time permits step off at WFH and we can talk while the train is in the station... Send me a pm if you are interested...

Hello all! I am new to this wonderful place and just starting to figure it out how it works. I got bit by the train bug as a kid going from Los Angeles to Albuquerque. Unfortunately,I forgot about the train for years until a horrible flying incident a couple of years ago!!! Since then I have done The CS(lax-sea),CZ(Emeryville to Denver and back). This July I am doing the CZ (emeryville to chi) and my way home will be the EB(Chi-Sea),CS(sea-emy) sleeper on all. From here on out it's Amtrak or nothing for my travel needs!!!
Welcome to the forum. Can you tell us about the horrible flying incident? Three exclamation points implies there's quite a story to be told.

Welcome to the forum. Can you tell us about the horrible flying incident? Three exclamation points implies there's quite a story to be told.
A couple seconds after the wheels lifted off the runway the pilot cuts the engines and we slam down and skid off the runway with everyone screaming and freaking out. Pilot said a check engine light came on and better safe than sorry!!! Found out later in the waiting area that Willie Mays was on the plane with me

Back