Route I Requested

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSXfoamer1997

OBS Chief
Good news, folks!

For those of you who play Train Simulator, I emailed Dovetail Games and requested a new route: The Washington To Pittsburgh Line! I also requested MARC GP40WH-2's, MARC MP36PH-3C's, CSX GP40's, GP38's, as well as CSX SD40's and SD50's (including ones with nose headlights), and also, maybe a few ex-Conrails.

I got the email back from Scott Barker and he said, "I shall be passing this on to our community and development team. Fingers crossed you'll see this route one day!"

Good to know, but have you considered becoming part of the community and development team and perhaps develop a route or two yourself? ;) Might be fun you know?

I must admit I have not found the time for such of late, but way back many years I was deeply into a train control game and developed a complete track diagram and signaling charts for the NEC between New York and Trenton. It was kind of fun to try different schedules on it. I had also done hypothetical extension for the then proposed ARC tunnels and the Bergen Loop, and even service to Scranton. It was fun while it lasted.

Good to know, but have you considered becoming part of the community and development team and perhaps develop a route or two yourself? ;) Might be fun you know?

I must admit I have not found the time for such of late, but way back many years I was deeply into a train control game and developed a complete track diagram and signaling charts for the NEC between New York and Trenton. It was kind of fun to try different schedules on it. I had also done hypothetical extension for the then proposed ARC tunnels and the Bergen Loop, and even service to Scranton. It was fun while it lasted.
I wish I could, but I'm not so good at route building. Plus, it takes up quite a lot of time. All I mostly like to build is consists.

I've found their product inferior, at least the earlier ones. There are missing signals, some routes don't have whistleposts, and the like. I've suggested that FanRailer get a job with them, given all the physics mods he's done!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found their product inferior, at least the earlier ones. There are missing signals, some routes don't have whistleposts, and the like. I've suggested that FanRailer get a job with them, given all the physics mods he's done!! :lol:
Yes, indeed!

Good news! About the route I requested (Washington to Pittsburgh), Scott just said, "Well, hopefully, you and your friends will see your request come to fruition one day."

Looks like our request is about to come true! If it does, it will become the longest route on the Steam Store! Almost 300 miles between Washington and Pittsburgh, plus the 52-mile branch from Green Spring to Moorefield!

Good news! About the route I requested (Washington to Pittsburgh), Scott just said, "Well, hopefully, you and your friends will see your request come to fruition one day."

Looks like our request is about to come true! If it does, it will become the longest route on the Steam Store! Almost 300 miles between Washington and Pittsburgh, plus the 52-mile branch from Green Spring to Moorefield!
Development time on a route like that to their standards can take months, so look for it in the fall or winter.

Can you email Dovetail about a CHI-MKE route with all the CHI yards, horizon cars, F40PH cabbage, P42, and Amfleet cafe/business, I would really like to have a free roam around the CHI Amtrak yard, with all the different types of Viewliners, Superliners, Amfleets, and Horizons. (free roam with View, Super, Hori, and Amfleet could be an add on?)

If you read some of the messages put out on the website [and a lot get deleted, it seems], some users think that the quality of the product is not in line with the price that is charged. Poor quality and highly priced. Too bad. If one can put up with some non-real situations, then the product is passable, I guess.

Back