Why do AGR Train Travel Points Take So Long To Post

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigblue2007

Train Attendant
Why do train travel points take up to three weeks? The airlines usually post travel points within a couple of days. You would think with eTickets in place for a few years points would post within a few days.

This isn't a complaint more of just an inquiry.

Mine, in the past, have typically posted within a week. On a longer trip last summer, my "outbound" points posted while I was on my way home.

There are glitches of unknown origin from time-to-time.

I can't recall what Amtrak's recommended "wait-before-inquiring" time is but you might be close to time for making an inquiry to Amtrak. Having your reservation number will be helpful.

Good Luck.

Per the AGR website:

REQUEST MISSING POINTS FOR YOUR AMTRAK TRAVEL

We want to make sure you receive the points you’ve earned. Please use the form below to submit your request for missing points.

Note: Please wait at least 7 days after your travel date to submit your request. You will have 120 days after your travel date to submit a request. Any requests must be for your own travel.

You cannot request missing travel for anyone else. If you are a new Amtrak Guest Rewards member, you may request points for travel taken up to 21 days prior to your enrollment date.

Last edited by a moderator:
They keep quoting me three weeks before they can help me. Between this and the TQP issue I am having Amtrak is making it easy for me to walk away.

I had a couple trips in March not posted in the stated time. So I submitted the online requests and all points appeared within another week.

I still haven't been able to get them to credit me the 25% bonus for business class on three trips I took in January/February. I've called three times and each time they say "strange, not sure why those haven't posted" and say they will do so, then it never happens. One time they even called me back and left a message saying they had figured out and I should see the points in a few days. That was in March. I have pretty much given up.

Back