Spend $5000 get 1000 TQP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigblue2007

Train Attendant
I have the Amtrak World MasterCard. I spent $5000 on my card. I reached it on the 3/6/16 statement. I received my points for that transaction, but I wonder when the 1000 TQP will post?

Is there a timeframe for this? Why is it that you have to "babysit" anything you're supposed to get with AGR?

It will post on your credit card closing date along with your regular points. I'm waiting for my second 1000 TQP next week. ALL credit card-earned points post on the closing date.

I didn't get them on my statement closing date. Amtrak when I called said it could take 3 weeks. It still hasn't posted. I am sick of chasing things with this program.

I don't believe it takes 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get them on my statement closing date. Amtrak when I called said it could take 3 weeks. It still hasn't posted. I am sick of chasing things with this program.

I got mine on the statement closing date.

Note, these are not an additional 1000 redeemable points. Your total points available for redemption are not increased by 1000 when this bonus is issued. These points are only recorded as an increase in your TQP total toward elite status.

I just called and now they say 90 days. I love all the different answers. They are going to have someone call me later. We'll see if they actually call.

I got mine on the statement closing date.

Note, these are not an additional 1000 redeemable points. Your total points available for redemption are not increased by 1000 when this bonus is issued. These points are only recorded as an increase in your TQP total toward elite status.
I received mine on the statement closing date also.

So they never called back. I called again and got a very rude agent. She told me to wait another statement cycle even though I have already spent $7000 as of my last statement on 3/6/16. I got a "lead" and he is going to look into this and call me back. We know he won't call me back. I also called Bank of America and they don't even know what tqp's are. I guess I am out of luck. I will payoff the card and close it out. I am done with Amtrak.

We know this? Just because one agent didn't call back doesn't mean none of them will. Hopefully they gave you a time frame of when to expect a call back.

It also seems a bit premature to completely close the account. At minimum, it may be worth moving purchases to a different card and waiting to see if/when the TQPs post.

Thanks JEBR for your response. The timeframe is tomorrow or the 27th of March.

If you just opened the account, did your 20k bonus post? My tqp and miles post was 1 cycle off, but on the second cycle the bonus and the first TPQ bonus posted for the spend requirement.

If you just opened the account, did your 20k bonus post? My tqp and miles post was 1 cycle off, but on the second cycle the bonus and the first TPQ bonus posted for the spend requirement.
I opened the account the end of December.

My 20,000 posted the day my first statement cut. I spent $1000 in my first cycle. The last statement is when I met my TQP and still no points. It would be nice if Amtrak knew their polices. I have hear 3 weeks, 90 days, or 1 month after the statement you achieved the TQP. Who knows what the answer is?

Do you $1,000 of expenditures in 2016? It appears to me based on my account that Bank of America is using a calendar year so you may have $5,000 in total charges, but not $5,000 in 2016.

Do you $1,000 of expenditures in 2016? It appears to me based on my account that Bank of America is using a calendar year so you may have $5,000 in total charges, but not $5,000 in 2016.
Since 1/1/16 - 3/6/16 (last statement) I have spent about $5500. So that may not be it, but I appreciate the suggestions. I went back and did the math and came up with $5500.

Calendar year based on statement closing dates, not purchase dates, even though the Terms and Conditions speak only of purchase dates.

I maxxed out my 2016 TQP benefit through purchases in December 2015 which all posted in January 2016. I've called BoA numerous times to ask for my 2015 purchases to count toward my 2015 benefit, but none of the agents have any idea what I'm asking about. They've transferred me multiple times to AGR, and the AGR agents all seem to understand the issue and agree that I'm correct but can't do anything about it.

If you look at your Bank of America statement. There is a section that tells you the points to be transferred to AGR. Does that list the TQP there?

Back