targeted AGR status challenge posted on Twitter

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have signed up for this promotion after seeing it on the AGR promotions page. Looks like I was targeted for it.

Take four qualifying one-way trips from March 14, 2016 12:00:00am CST through May 21, 2016 11:59:59pm CST and receive Select status through February 28, 2017. Minimum spend of $49 per one-way segment is required for travel to qualify. Limit of four qualifying one-way segments per day. Please allow up to three weeks for status to be awarded following qualification. This offer is limited to the member addressed in this communication. Member must register for this offer to participate. Register online at AmtrakGuestRewards.com. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got email offering Select, not Select Plus, for two round trips. (The fine print said four one-way tickets of at least $49 each.)

I got a targeted email for this, too. Only mine was four round trips, within two months, with a minimum of $90 for each one way segment. So, this "offer," even if I had the time to take that many trips right now, which I don't, would cost me at least $700 dollars.

Which reminds me, I need to go and delete all the stuff in my trash folder, which is where I put this.

I hope Twitter is paying for this. It would tick me off that Amtrak would force you to have an account with an unrelated company to take part in a promotion unless they go paid for it.

No Twitter; no Facebook; all windows opened in Firefox's Private Window then all private windows closed before opening a new site. I value my privacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Twitter is paying for this. It would tick me off that Amtrak would force you to have an account with an unrelated company to take part in a promotion unless they go paid for it.

No Twitter; no Facebook; all windows opened in Firefox's Private Window then all private windows closed before opening a new site. I value my privacy.
When I saw it on the AGR site, there was no requirement to sign up for Twitter, so it doesn't seem to be a cross promotion. Signing up for it was the same process as signing up for any other promotion.

It has nothing to do with Twitter, it's just a link to some guy stating he'd received the targeted offer. Just like people here are posting that they've received it. It wasn't posted by Amtrak's Twitter account.

I signed up for something similar last week. I tried to have my girlfriend sign up too, but it said her account was ineligible, so it's definitely targeted.

PH8PMvc.png

Unfortunately for me, the trips I take to CHI in business class fall just short of the $49 requirement....by $3. Gosh. As the late Don Adams used to say "I missed it by that much." LOL

Back