Hello

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm middle-aged single guy, live fairly near Nashville. The Amtrak station I'm closest to is actually Fulton, Kentucky, but haven't traveled out of there yet.

I've not ridden trains too much but would like to do more. My experience was California Zephyr in the late 1990s (from Denver to San Jose to visit a girlfriend & family, seem to recall transfers in Emeryville on the way there and Sacramento on the way back) and a recent trip via the Southwest Chief to LA, with some additional travel travel in California. I may post a trip report of that trip.

I like to hike, kayak (just on lakes, not white water), play poker, go to concerts & comedy, and sample many cuisines.

Welcome.

I've not traveled a lot by rail myself, but have enjoyed it when I did. Did a couple cross country trips and a couple round trips CT to FL.

I now live in Albuquerque and have done two round trips Albuquerque ~ San Diego (one by coach and one in a roomette).

This is a great forum with lots of nice folks. They've been very good at answering my questions and I've learned a lot by just

reading the posts. Again, welcome!

Welcome to AU! Sounds like you are a person of many interests! Hopefully someday you might have an Amtrak Stop closer to you!( You'd think that Nashville, the Home of Country Music and so many Train songs, would have Trains!!!???)

Please do share your train adventures and other activities with us,we love to read about travel on AU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back