Make Your Voice Heard By February 8!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHamilton

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
For the first time ever, the U.S. Surface Transportation Board is asking for comments from YOU, the rail-riding public, on two important proposed rule-making decisions: one concerns on-time performance standards and the other centers on whether passenger trains can continue to be given preference in transit on host railroads.

This is one of the extremely rare times in which regulators will be watching the total number of comments, so it’s important that the regulators hear individually from all NARP members and interested rail passengers right away on both actions, but no later than the two deadlines: Feb. 8, 2016, for On-Time Performance, and Feb. 22, 2016, for passenger-train preference.

Generally the STB limits comments to those directly related to the industry, and you can be sure that industry has already weighed in – and continues to weigh in – on these very important points. Don’t let YOUR voice get drowned out, and don’t let YOUR concerns go uncounted!

http://narprail.org/our-issues/stb-otp/

Is there an address for sending a paper letter? I do not want yet another set of login credentials.

Thank you, Ryan. Perhaps I should be more inquisitive.

Really?! An original and ten copies? Since the STB accepts electronic documents, and presumably could scan my original if there was a paperless process, it makes me think that the electronic submissions probably get printed 11 times.

Back