Metrolink EMD F125 "Spirit" Locomotive

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fan Railer

OBS Chief
12487057_10153365436172934_5088425586591230255_o.jpg

More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_F125

Since the wikipedia article says the first one is scheduled to be delivered this quarter, I assume that's the first one. And yes, that is a fine looking machine.

Was the picture taken at the assembly plant in Muncie, IN?

Since the wikipedia article says the first one is scheduled to be delivered this quarter, I assume that's the first one. And yes, that is a fine looking machine.

Was the picture taken at the assembly plant in Muncie, IN?
Presumably yes.

I've seen that the first of this model is now being shipped. Someone saw it on the Chesterton Webcam covered with a tarp.

Besides #903, has anyone else seen any others that have been complete so far? And whether they're still in La Grange or heading for Pueblo?

You know, I'm sure that the hypothetical person that does know was just sitting on that info until Simone asked about it. I'm sure your well thought out question will bring them out of the woodwork posthaste.

Where is #903 currently at as of now? A couple months ago, it passed the Chesterton Webcam. Also, have any others been complete yet?

To be blunt: if the information hasn't already been volunteered, it is not public yet, and therefore there is no point in asking. So as I tell everyone who asks questions like this. Sit back, have some patience, and play the waiting game like the rest of us.

I will give Foamer some credit.. I'm glad to see someone excited to see new equipment come out. I remember how excited I was for the Acela sets to come out. Granted I was 8 or 9. But I am glad to see that such excitement still exists.. :)

At NS we get excited over new locomotives coming out.. Yes that includes the second hand stuff... On top of that us conductors will get excited when a brand spankin' new car comes by that is easy to ride. :)

I will give Foamer some credit.. I'm glad to see someone excited to see new equipment come out. I remember how excited I was for the Acela sets to come out. Granted I was 8 or 9. But I am glad to see that such excitement still exists.. :)

At NS we get excited over new locomotives coming out.. Yes that includes the second hand stuff... On top of that us conductors will get excited when a brand spankin' new car comes by that is easy to ride. :)
Nice!

Potentially for the same reason that the P40's had that originally, a hostler control stand?

Interesting. I can't find this new number anywhere else. But I suppose Metrolink must know what they have ordered! Good find! I wonder where they found the money for the other 20.

Ah OK. The actual number of engines ordered so far is 20+9 = 29. They eventually want to order the remaining 11 to make up 40, but so far do not have the funds to do so. They have3 recently gotten another grant that will allow them to order another 4 or so, and another future grant is in the offing that will enable them to order the balance 7 to make up 40, but these orders are yet to be placed and finalized.

See: http://www.railway-technology.com/news/newsmetrolink-unveils-first-emd-f125-spirit-diesel-locomotive-4791592

Interestingly, the monococque car body of these locomotives comes from Vossloh, and is European technology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back