Fan Railer

Metrolink EMD F125 "Spirit" Locomotive

Since the wikipedia article says the first one is scheduled to be delivered this quarter, I assume that's the first one. And yes, that is a fine looking machine.

Was the picture taken at the assembly plant in Muncie, IN?

Since the wikipedia article says the first one is scheduled to be delivered this quarter, I assume that's the first one. And yes, that is a fine looking machine.

Was the picture taken at the assembly plant in Muncie, IN?

Presumably yes.

You know, I'm sure that the hypothetical person that does know was just sitting on that info until Simone asked about it. I'm sure your well thought out question will bring them out of the woodwork posthaste.

If someone knew.. Someone would have said something.. Until then.. This is my feelings on these units..

post-1682-0-19657800-1462315485_thumb.jpg

To be blunt: if the information hasn't already been volunteered, it is not public yet, and therefore there is no point in asking. So as I tell everyone who asks questions like this. Sit back, have some patience, and play the waiting game like the rest of us.

I will give Foamer some credit.. I'm glad to see someone excited to see new equipment come out. I remember how excited I was for the Acela sets to come out. Granted I was 8 or 9. But I am glad to see that such excitement still exists.. :)

At NS we get excited over new locomotives coming out.. Yes that includes the second hand stuff... On top of that us conductors will get excited when a brand spankin' new car comes by that is easy to ride. :)

I will give Foamer some credit.. I'm glad to see someone excited to see new equipment come out. I remember how excited I was for the Acela sets to come out. Granted I was 8 or 9. But I am glad to see that such excitement still exists.. :)

At NS we get excited over new locomotives coming out.. Yes that includes the second hand stuff... On top of that us conductors will get excited when a brand spankin' new car comes by that is easy to ride. :)

Nice!

Interesting. I can't find this new number anywhere else. But I suppose Metrolink must know what they have ordered! Good find! I wonder where they found the money for the other 20.

Ah OK. The actual number of engines ordered so far is 20+9 = 29. They eventually want to order the remaining 11 to make up 40, but so far do not have the funds to do so. They have3 recently gotten another grant that will allow them to order another 4 or so, and another future grant is in the offing that will enable them to order the balance 7 to make up 40, but these orders are yet to be placed and finalized.

See: http://www.railway-technology.com/news/newsmetrolink-unveils-first-emd-f125-spirit-diesel-locomotive-4791592

Interestingly, the monococque car body of these locomotives comes from Vossloh, and is European technology.

Edited by jis