NARP: Amtrak to Modernize Customer Experience

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully the new President/CEO of Amtrak will ensure that the PR/GR flacks do a better job of providing more information to the Mica Managers on the Hill, to Rail Organizations/train fans and to the public!

And for sure let's hope its not that Carper guy on the Amtrak Board that Fred Fraley says Joe Boardman is favoring as his sucessor!

Hopefully the new President/CEO of Amtrak will ensure that the PR/GR flacks do a better job of providing more information to the Mica Managers on the Hill, to Rail Organizations/train fans and to the public!

And for sure let's hope its not that Carper guy on the Amtrak Board that Fred Fraley says Joe Boardman is favoring as his sucessor!
I read the Fred Frailey article and was impressed with the amount of sensible names people came up with as suggestions for Boardman's successor. Even if none of them are chosen, perhaps some can be effective passenger rail advocates.

Well, now that I saw this article, I've got a new item to grumble about next time I call the office...*sighs*

As noted, pretty much everyone in that room knew where the smoke was being blown. We were polite...but that was about it. My main complaint about the article is that they bothered to quote him on AGR. I think that's a point that could have been tactfully discarded (or just a note that it was mentioned in passing) and a note made of the plans to roll out wifi on the Eastern LD trains in the next few months. It's an editorial decision, but as a survivor of that presentation it is one I rather disagree with.

Back