The southbound Texas Eagle just passed through my small town

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and had two private cars on the end. They were light colored on the sides with dark blue or green on the lower sides below the lighter color. The last car was a dome car that looked very similar to this:

http://www.privaterailcars.net/prcphoto/index.php?photoId=9302138862

Next stop is Taylor, TX, and then on the way to Austin, San Marcos and San Antonio. Anyone know anything about these cars? Inquiring minds want to know!

You probably already found the cars website, as those are very distinctive cars.

The Warren R. Henry and Evelyn Henry are used quite often as charters on Amtrak trains, so they're probably what you saw. They were on display a couple of years ago on National Train Day at Chicago Union Station. Their interiors are beautiful and I imagine a trip aboard them is quite the experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Warren R. Henry and Evelyn Henry are used quite often as charters on Amtrak trains, so they're probably what you saw. They were on display a couple of years ago on National Train Day at Chicago Union Station. Their interiors are beautiful and I imagine a trip aboard them is quite the experience.

Back