Rent Auto at Denver Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enterprise rent a car, 2255 Broadway, Denver(downtown) 303-293-8644.will pick you up. Jim

There is a Hertz downtown @ 21st and Welton that will also pickup and drop off. For both downtown choices, check your times against their office hours and their p/u and d/o times. I was out in June on my way to Colorado Springs, and with discounts and pre-payment I got a pretty good deal. Most non airport rental locations (not just Denver) have shorter hours on Saturdays, and may be closed Sundays, be sure to check.

If you're getting off the westbound train, you'll have several options willing to pick you up at the station, at least on weekdays.

Eastbound, as best I can tell car rental agencies in the area are all closed by 7PM.

Looking to do this myself in a few months, getting off the eastbound train, I decided only good option was an overnight stay at a nearby hotel, then rent car the next AM. Maybe others on this forum can come up with a better option?

I think you are correct. Going home (I'm in NY), I've always returned early, dropped my bags at the station, and done something Downtown like 16th st Mall, or a Rockies game if they are playing early. The Denver Airport is an option, but it is a long trip, and prices are higher because of airport fees. Maybe next year when the rail line opens I'll revisit the idea.

If you return on a weekend early to get a drop off back to the station, they will store bags for a few bucks which gives you an opportunity to walk. The mall shuttles are hop on/off and are free. Obviously, season/weather will play a large part in whether or noit this is an enjoyable option. The Hertz location lets you do an after hours drop off, but then you'd be on your own back to the station.

Last edited by a moderator:
And what's more, you can rent a compact at the downtown Enterprise for a 3-day weekend rate of $40 total (not "per day") from mid-sept to mid-may. This discounted rate is not offered at its Denver airport location.

Even if the off season special doesn't work, the downtown locations let you avoid the high fees that usually go with airport locations. At DIA, they get soaked for the shuttle bus pickup lanes since the cars are pretty far away from the terminal.

Actually in Denver (because it's such a new airport) there are three vehicle levels, upstairs for personal car drop-off (by departures), a middle level for Buses/Shuttles (no personal vehicles) and a Lower level for arrivals passenger pick-up.

Yup. If I recall, the car rental shuttle buses use the middle lane of the middle level. When I go to Denver, it's usually on the way to Colorado Springs, so I almost always drive a rental instead of a connecting flight. Of course, when time is on my side I take the train to Denver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back